Tips for web-quality video and some You Tube
Good tips from Creative Pro for producing web-optimised video: http://www.creativepro.com/article/web-tips-shooting-video-for-the-web.
- Think small: much online video is around 320 x 240 pixels (small!)
- Remember video will need to be highly compressed in order to stream/download from the web
- general things to avoid: small or fine stripes/detail, too much camera or subject movement, wide shots, too low or too high contrast images
- Plan your shots: in-camera composition, use storyboards
- Use the best equipment possible and use a tripod!
- Once you understand the basic rules, experiment. Try and break these rules and see what you can create.
Some You Tube-based split screen tools:
Check out SplitScreen blog for an introduction to some interesting You Tube-based tools for working with multiple layers/sources of video: