Copyright: an important reminder
A reminder to any students who are considering using copyrighted audio, video or images (eg. content created by someone other than yourself) in their Final Project HTML pages. As your websites will be hosted on the RMIT Server and are being viewed and assessed in an academic (and public) context, you must obtain written permission from the creator.
RMIT Copyright Management Service guide for students is here:
And you can download an ‘Artistic Works on Websites’ PDF here: RMITartistic_work_websites
If you do need extra content and are unable to generate it yourself, have a look at these Creative Commons options (and ensure you ‘attribute’ or reference the original author):
- Creative Commons (Info about Creative Commons licenses, links, general good stuff)
- Flickr (search Creative Commons photos)
- Freesound.org (Creative Commons-licensed sounds)
- The Prelinger Archives (open source videos, audio and images)
- Freeloops.com (Creative Commons licensed audio samples)
Still unsure? Have a look at this Week 7 ‘Copyright, Intellectual Property’ post. Or get in touch via email.